Re: Testing errors from macros with ERT and byte-compilation

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Testing errors from macros with ERT and byte-compilation
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 14:55:31 -0400

David Engster wrote:

> Or should I just use 'no-byte-compile: t' for the test suite?

It would seem overkill to do that for the entire test-suite.
Why not just separate out the things that don't compile into separate
file(s) and mark those no-byte-compile?
How does it work now?

Or use something like:

(ert-deftest eieio-broken-initform ()
  (should-error
    (eval '(defclass broken-init nil
         ((broken :initform 1
                        :type string))
                             "This class should break.")
                               :type 'invalid-slot-type)))

I feel I don't really understand what the problem is (I'm saying that a
lot today, maybe it's me...).