Re: Replacing linum-mode by nlinum-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Replacing linum-mode by nlinum-mode
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:18:47 -0400

> But, in any case, a functionality-removing change could only be called
> at most a "sidegrade". Also, I seem to remember from the last time we
> talked about this, that implementing the missing linum features in
> nlinum wasn't exactly trivial, if at all possible.

There's no doubt that in some cases it's currently a downgrade.
If those can all be fixed, I don't know, but I think the important cases
can be fixed.

Would you be willing to try and be in charge of the change, then?
You seem to have a good grasp of what it would take to make the package
good enough to be a real upgrade.

I'd provide any help I can, of course.

        Stefan