Re: ELPA commit freeze

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: ELPA commit freeze
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:06:01 +0200

> An alternative is to use a slightly different URL instead of
> git+ssh://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/srv/git/emacs/elpa, one that includes
> the username in it explicitly, which is what I was doing before I
> understood the above.

I've had varying success with using the username in the git URL.
Sometimes it has worked, and sometimes it hasn't, without me being able
to pinpoint the cause (probably caused by different versions of git, but
no proof that this is the case).  At least with msysgit 1.8.* it does
work.

But having a hostname given as address@hidden, with a
matching session name hostname.hostdomain, has always worked ("always"
being "since December 2010").