Re: the state of the concurrency branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: the state of the concurrency branch
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 12:57:28 +0300

One more comments about the concurrency branch:

I think the error-handling facilities of the code should be upgraded,
to be able to cope with problems in the underlying low-level APIs.
For example, what happens if there's some error inside sys_cond_init?
Currently, there's no way for it to communicate anything to its
callers so that those could handle the problem gracefully.  Are
implementations supposed to call emacs_abort or signal an error from
such a low-level code?  If not, we need to at least make sys_*
function return some value.