Re: managing windows in two frames

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: managing windows in two frames
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 12:52:23 +0200

>>>   (let* ((frame (car (filtered-frame-list
>> This is overly restrictive.
>
> I'm not clear what you would relax. We don't want the current frame, and
> we want a frame with an available window.
>
> I guess we could allow creating a new window in an existing frame?

No.  But consider the case where a user wants to have one and the same
frame share just *Help* and *info* output and that frame is the car of
filtered-frame-list.  Your approach is two-frames-centric - people might
use three frames or more.

> When I started on this, it would fail after I ran and quit ediff, so I
> blamed it on deleted windows. But I have not tried to reproduce that
> problem in Emacs 24.3.

This problem should not occur in older versions either.

martin