Re: security of the emacs package system, elpa, melpa and marmalade

From: Matthias Dahl
Subject: Re: security of the emacs package system, elpa, melpa and marmalade
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:10:43 +0200

Hello...

> I would propose using the signature files above to provide that wall,
> so auto-signing should not be done.  Instead a maintainer team should
> review changes that need to go up on the GNU ELPA.

Ted, that would be really nice to have but as it was brought up earlier
in this thread, this is not gonna happen. And I can honestly understand
why it can't happen. The amount of manpower required to really do this
properly, is not something that could be easily shouldered by a team of
trusted volunteers in a timely manner.

So long,
Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu
 services: custom software [desktop, mobile, web], server administration