Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: run/load a lisp script before user init file
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:30:20 -0600

GM> I find what Red Hat did was better:
GM> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-05/msg00328.html

GM> That's the only change you ever need to make to site-start.el.
GM> For everything else, add and delete to site-start.d.
GM> Emacs does not need to change for this to work.

FWIW a long term goal I had for package.el was to have it also manage
site-lisp.  The idea was to move various built-in Emacs packages to
package.el-style activation, so that users could install a newer version
in site-lisp and have Emacs DTRT.

Distros could easily take advantage of this by ensuring that elisp
installed into site-lisp follows the package.el installation rules.
This is easy to do...

Tom