Re: Default behaviour of RET.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Default behaviour of RET.
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 18:20:24 -0400

>> but also possibly quite low.
> Just how low does it have to be before we can ignore it?

That was not the question.

Anyway, it does look like there are indeed many incorrect uses of
newline (most of those (or (bolp) (newline)) will break sooner or later
because of unexpected filling and/or abbrev/skeleton expansion).

So I installed a patch which makes `newline' only run
post-self-insert-hook when called interactively, so as to try and
preserve compatibility with those dubious uses.

        Stefan