Re: emacs freezes - how to troubleshoot, build with assertions

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: emacs freezes - how to troubleshoot, build with assertions
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:22:21 +0100

W dniu 11/02/2013 01:52 PM, Eli Zaretskii pisze:
That is always the preferred way, when you are running the development code.

Please tell me how to do it. Can't find it in the files you pointed out.

Is the above the starting point you were looking for? If not, please elaborate about what would you like to find as a starting point.

There are several places which a new developer should visit. Some I know (you told me about them today) are these:
1. Info "Sending patches"
2. etc directory

I would like these places to be mentioned in a development wiki. The wiki could be placed (or at list linked to) at savannah, as savannah is the place linked to directly from gnu.org/software/emacs. If someone complains about missing info, it would be added to wiki. Soon wiki becomes a good starting point. The time required to build it is like half an hour.

For example I started to gather some info here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/emacspeakwin/wiki/Development%20Information/
In simplest case this wiki page may be renamed to "Emacs developer's guide" and linked from savannah as "See also Emacs Developer's Guide".

Jarek