Re: Apropos emacs-intl-fonts & https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHebrew

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Apropos emacs-intl-fonts & https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHebrew
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:21:00 +0530

Thanks for reading through the wiki page.

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> You mean, like this:
>
> | שלום  | דוד   |
> | ‏Hello | David |

Not that.

What I see differs from what Uwe said he wanted.  See the attached
screenshots.  The "other" screenshot is from LibreOffice.  I cannot read
Hebrew so I have no idea what is Hello or what is David.

> The reason for this problem and the solutions available in Emacs are
> described in the node "Bidirectional Display" in the ELisp manual.

Warning: Newbie questions ahead.

I am just trying to get a quick help on Bidi.  I am trying to figure out
what markers would be needed to achieve the rendering in Emacs.  I can
use that as a baseline to form a basic understanding of Bidi.

Is there a Bidirectional mode (think Whitespace mode) whereby I can get
a visual feedback on the markers used in the text?

(I have consulted the Info node briefly. May be multiple readings would
be required to form a good understanding.)

> Of course, what it says might not help at all with export to ODT.

True. I understand that.