Re: Bootstrap failure on MS-Windows

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure on MS-Windows
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 01:27:55 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> What you and Óscar need to get used to is not to run the configure
> script before bootstrapping, but just say "make bootstrap", since the
> bootstrap includes regeneration of the configure script and the
> following configure step.

I don't run the configure script before bootstrapping on a directory
used on a previous build. I just do `make bootstrap -j4'.

What I *think* that happens is:

 * the bootstrap target depends, directly or indirectly, on the
   configure (and, possibly, autogen) scripts.

 * when those are dirty, the script is executed before cleaning the
   build directory.

 * as the previous step deletes the files generated by `./configure',
   the script is executed again.