Re: Org merge

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org merge
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:34:04 +0100

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> most of the options are the same.
>   ^^^^
>
> It is difficult to say what you have in mind there.

Sorry, I should have been clearer: what I meant is that, while most
Org>8.0 exporters functions structurally changed compared to their
Org<7.9.3f ancestors (because of the use of a new export engine), most
options have only seen a change in their name, not in their content or
meaning.  Some options have been deleted and others added.

So I guess a proper ChangeLog would document deleted options and new
ones.  This is tiresome, but can be done.  What is difficult is to
document new fonctions: I guess it's fine to document new functions
that add new_features_ while leaving aside functions that are new but
are only part of the new exporter machinery, since the use of this
new machinery is part of the rewriting.

Does it seem a reasonable course of action?

--
 Bastien