Re: Org merge

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org merge
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 23:35:01 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> The NEWS file should explain how the options have been changed, but the
> ChangeLog is only concerned about the actual code.  From what you say,
> it seems to actual code shares no history with the previous code (a bit
> like a "clean room" reimplementation), so the ChangeLog doesn't need to
> explain the changes.

Okay, thanks.

>> What is difficult is to document new fonctions:
>
> The usual course of action for new functions is to describe them in
> ChangeLog as:
>
>     (foo, bar, baz): New function.
>
> so other than enumerating them, there's nothing to do.

Yes -- my point was that some functions that are currently listed as
"new functions" in the Changelog I posted are part of the clean room
implementation, others are new functions corresponding to new
features.  I will clean up the Changelog to only document the latter.

Then I'll repost the patch just to make sure applying it is fine.

Best,

--
 Bastien