Re: electric-pair-mode

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: electric-pair-mode
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:04:40 +0800

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm thinking of enabling electric-pair-mode in Emacs-24.4, and I think
>> the best way to do that is to actually enable it and then deal with
>> the complaints.  But that only works if the complaints are
>> sufficiently constructive.
>>
>> So, please try enabling it and report any annoyance you notice.
>> If you just plain don't like the feature, then just disable it.
>
> If this is about electric-PAIR-mode:
>
> Works nicely, except the default `electric-pair-inhibit-predicate'
> makes it so that {{ results in "{{_|_}", even though I'd expect
> "{{_|_}}".

Another problem:

  In CPerl Mode (and maybe in other modes as well), for example, I'd
  like to type:

    print 'Hello World!';

  When I press the first apostrophe character, Emacs only inserts one
  apostrophe; when I press the second apostrophe, Emacs inserts two
  apostrophes, which is very annoying.  And I also found two other bugs
  about electric-pair-mode in Debbugs.

--
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/