Fwd: Update earlier posted hideif.el enhancements

From: Luke Lee
Subject: Fwd: Update earlier posted hideif.el enhancements
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:35:27 +0800

>And your patch was mangled (lines too long that got wrapped during
>transport).  I unmangled it but the code it patches is indeed not in
>Emacs's hideif.el.

I think I should use attachments instead of putting them in email.

>Could you post a patch relative to Emacs's hideif.el?

Sure, no problem. Attached is the patch against Emacs trunk. I'm using
git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git as my Emacs remote source. I've
checked the trunk, master and emacs-24 and they seems to have the
identical hideif.el version so I think it should be okay to patch it.

I also add an custom option to prevent hiding the top level ifdefs for
*.h files since they usually contain some re-inclusion protection and
therefore it always got everything hidden when you tried to hide it
twice. It was a bit annoying.

Hope this helps.

--

Best regards,
Luke Lee

2013/11/25 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Sure, my fault. I just thought that it will be easier for people that
> didn't have my earlier version yet.

Hmm... looks like I was confused, indeed.  I don't have your earlier
hideif.el.

> Here is the patch, thanks.

And your patch was mangled (lines too long that got wrapped during
transport).  I unmangled it but the code it patches is indeed not in
Emacs's hideif.el.

Could you post a patch relative to Emacs's hideif.el?

        Stefan