Re: Symbol's function definition is void: bovine-batch-make-parser

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Symbol's function definition is void: bovine-batch-make-parser
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 19:56:39 +0100

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:49:18 -0500 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephen Berman wrote:
>
>> Source file
>> /data/steve/bzr/emacs/quickfixes/lisp/cedet/semantic/bovine/grammar.el'
>> newer than byte-compiled file
>> Source file
>> /data/steve/bzr/emacs/quickfixes/lisp/cedet/semantic/grammar.el' newer than
>> byte-compiled file
>> Symbol's function definition is void: bovine-batch-make-parser
> [...]
>> This is with 'make -k; make'.  I haven't tried bootstrapping yet
>
> For future reference, you can check
>
> http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk
>
> rather than asking here. If the relevant bzr revision has any green
> lights at all, then you know a bootstrap works.

Thanks for the tip.

> Otherwise if CPU time is worth more than your personal time to you,
> you should start by looking at the "Source file newer" messages around
> the failure, and try removing the associated .elc files.

I did try that and it didn't work (maybe it would have if I'd deleted
all *.elc file under lisp/semantic and not just in the subdirectory
where the error was signalled, but I decided to go ahead and bootstrap
instead -- had something away from Emacs to do anyway ;-).

Steve Berman