Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el and leim/quail]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:50:44 +0100

() Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
() Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:51:58 +0100

   Now i see e/.git/bzr/.bzr/repository/upload/ w/ a slowly-growing
   .pack file (294MB at the moment).  I suppose this is a temporary work
   area for git-remote-bzr and the working tree e/ will be populated
   once download is complete.

   So far, so good.  (Now watch the gods strike me and my old computer
   down -- Murphy's Law...)

Ah yes, Mr. Murphy.  After four hours, the hard disk filled up (5.8 G is
apparently not enough) and the process exited failurefully.  The good
(?) news is that the death was clean, and apart from a huge increase in
entropy, there remains no sign of activity whatsoever.  I and my old
computer thank you for dropping by.  :-/

I'm curious: What is the maximum transient disk footprint people see for
"git clone bzr::..." and for a "pure bzr" (no git-bzr) checkout?  Is
there a huge difference?  How about footprint after successful checkout?

[If anyone wants to donate me a new(er) computer for Emacs (and other
 Free Software) hacking, please contact me off-list.]

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502