Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:51:13 +0200

On 5 December 2013 09:00, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Too much in your face for me.  It doesn't seem to be that popular.
>
> It's rather popular, actually. And IMHO, it's much less annoying and
> confusing than the cursor-jumping behavior of blink-matching-paren,
> which is enabled by default now.

`blink-matching-paren' never ceases to horrify me when I have to use
emacs -Q.  I'd strongly prefer having `show-paren-mode' (or nothing)
instead.

+1 - I don't think we need show-paren-mode enabled by default that much, but we definitely need to disable
the horrible `blink-matching-paren'.

>> I could go along with that.
>
> +1. Whenever the window-handling code does something different from what
> I'd expect, winner-mode saves the day.

Whenever it happens again do not hesitate to file a complaint here, too.

martin