Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 20:48:14 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> The problem I see with that is that the terms are mnemonics for the
> keybindings: the kill bindings contain "k", the yank bindings "y".

Killing the region is C-w.  Not really a mnemonic. Copying a region
is M-w. Only C-y has a mnemonic binding.

But users expect C-c/v/x anyway, so why force them to learn new keys
*and* new terminology. At least the terminology could follow the
generally accepted names (copy/paste/cut) if CUA keys cannot be
used by default.