Re: enable MELPA & Marmalade by defaul [was: mykie.el]

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: enable MELPA & Marmalade by defaul [was: mykie.el]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:54:16 +0100

Nic Ferrier writes:
> I said earlier in this thread that I thought recommending a package
> archive other than ELPA was a very bad idea. The licence issue is just
> one reason.

Currently, if multiple package archives offer the same packages, then
the archive offering the highest version number wins (which is always
MELPA, based on how they construct their version numbers).  All other
issues aside, a user would reasonably expect that an installed package
should not switch archives on updates automatically and that it is
possible to specify which archive is considered a valid source (in
general and for specific packages).

Regards,
Achim.