Re: preferring mercurial

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: preferring mercurial
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:08:00 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:
> > all the pro and cons of both tools, we must admit that the sole thing
> > that really remains is that git is popular:
>
> Of course.  That's the whole reason for the change.  If it weren't for
> that, we'd stick to Bzr which serves us fine for Emacs's trunk.

Furthermore, the Mercurial fans bitching about this seem to forget that
in the original post where I pushed for the change to git that *I prefer
Mercurial myself*.  Yet I use git, because the advantages of being part
of the largest and most active ecosystem outweigh the technical benefits
of Mercurial.