New tutorial (was: Emacs terminology (not again!?) [was: Apologia for bz

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: New tutorial (was: Emacs terminology (not again!?) [was: Apologia for bzr])
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:06:16 -0500

> Other things that seem to be missing, are links to the rest of the
> world.  Why no links to web pages, or videos? Or indeed, in-line images.

There aren't many web pages worthy of being linked to, but yes, the few
out there should be shown.

> If there is interest in incorporating it, I'd be willing to rewrite it.

I'd welcome a new tutorial, that takes the same idea as the original one
(i.e. a kind of "participative reading") but focuses on more powerful
features such as keyboard macros, sexp-based movement.  Of course, it
should still include explanations about the C-foo notation, the concept
of buffers and windows, etc... Advertising things like Org mode would
also make a lot of sense.

If it could be visually more appealing, it would be a plus.

        Stefan