Re: Occur stack

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Occur stack
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:42:15 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Having a history that presents us with ever-changing output doesn't seem
>> optimal.
>
> I think sometimes we want one and sometimes we want the other.  Not sure
> how to reconcile this without exposing this choice to the user in an
> annoying way.

I think the way eww stores the history feels quite natural as a user.  I
can hit `l' a few times to go back (and I'm presented exactly with what
I had, and it's an instantaneous command), and then when I'm on the page
I wanted, I can hit `g' to get a refresh.

I think that model would feel natural in most of these buffers.  The
"instantaneous" bit is quite important in grep buffers, for instance,
since rerunning the command may take quite a bit of time, and you don't
want to trigger the command in the buffers you're just visiting as
you're searching for the right buffer with `l'.