Re: clang and FSF's strategy

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: clang and FSF's strategy
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:02:12 -0500

Ian Lance Taylor <address@hidden>:
> I'm sympathetic to our comments regarding GCC vs. clang.  But I'm not
> sure I grasp your proposed solution.  GCC does support plugins, and
> has supported them for a few releases now.

Then I don't understand why David Kastrup's question was even controversial.

If I have failed to understand the background facts, I apologize and welcome
being corrected.

I hope you (and others) understand that I welcome chances to help the FSF's
projects when I believe doing so serves the hacker community as a whole. The
fact that I am currently working full-time on cleaning up the Emacs repoaitory
for full git conversion is only one instance of this.