Re: Changes in update-game-score.c

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Changes in update-game-score.c
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:56:13 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
The bugfix should have fixed the bug that was reported, and that's it.

I could have filed a half-dozen bug reports, one for each bug I fixed, and then installed patches one by one, marking each bug fixed as I did so. But that would have been overkill in this case; it would have been too much work for everybody (particularly for me :-) for too little benefit.

The bugs included undefined behavior the very nature of which could be changed by the original fix for the reported bug, and we are talking setuid here, so here was sufficient justification for fixing them. Now that they're fixed we can move on.