Re: Repo cpnversion progress report

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Repo cpnversion progress report
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:56:49 +0100

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't agree with Eli's comments in a later mail about how he wasn't
> sure we should entrust this job to ESR.  It's a complex, time-consuming,
> and apparently thankless task; IMHO ESR is doing a good job considering
> all the inputs involved (both human and machine).

Well, do you at least agree with him when he says

> I'm ignored already.  You never accepted any argument of mine through
> that long and tiresome "discussion".  You are always right and all
> those who disagree with you are always wrong.

and

> I never had any influence over that, because you refuse to listen
> to any dissenting arguments, and prefer to stubbornly do what you
> decided was right ahead of any discussion.

?

Because that's also my feeling about every single switching-to-git
discussion we've had so far. The only thing Eric has backtracked about
is the imminence of switching, and that because Stefan specifically
said that it wouldn't happen during the freeze.