Re: [elpa] 01/02: update to Ada mode version 5.0.1

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] 01/02: update to Ada mode version 5.0.1
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 22:37:13 -0500

> Is there a way to mark a key binding obsolete/deprecated?

No, we just drop them and mention the change in NEWS.
We only go through "obsolete" for things called from code so people have
some time to update their code.  For UI elements, we consider that
people can update their brains and muscle memory quickly enough.

But when we removed `vc-toggle-read-only' from C-x C-q we did change the
new binding by adding a message redirecting people to the new C-x v v.

So you could replace the C-c ; with a command that just says "use M-;
instead", just so that users don't have to chase for the new
key-binding.

        Stefan