Re: How to begin contributing to XWidgets for GSoC

From: Daimrod
Subject: Re: How to begin contributing to XWidgets for GSoC
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:45:54 +0900

Daniil Plyukhin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to contribute to Emacs for this year for GSoC, working on the
> XWidgets project.
>
> I figure the best way to show that I'm capable of taking this on is by
> beginning some work on my own, so could you give me some pointers as
> to where I can start, and possibly some relevant reading material?

IMHO, once you've successfully built emacs-xwidget, you could start by
reading:
1. (info "(elisp) Writing Emacs Primitives")
2. (info "(elisp) Object Internals")
3. some code in src/lisp.h

This will help you to understand how C types and C functions can be
manipulated on the Elisp side.

After that, you will ready to look at xwidget.[ch] and how xwidget hooks
into the display engine.

Tell me if you have any questions.

Best,

--