Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:29:17 +0100

Hello Arthur,

arthur miller <address@hidden> writes:

> As I think more of it, I can see it as a folding of code. Emacs already
> supports folding of code (with a minor mode) which
> I don't use so much. "Quick edit" could be seen as code folding, from
> different files; for example if we call a macro in .c file
> defined in some .h file, one could invoke a "quick edit" to "fold-out" a
> macro, edit it and continue on with coding .c file.
>
> Or if we call an elisp function, we could "unfold it" in place, edit it,
> and continue on with the code where function was called.
>
> Hope it offers some more clarification and use-case scenario.

Does it have to be in the same buffer? In other words, if a command
opened the definition of the current function/css class/tag in a new
window, with the cursor positioned at the definition, would it be
sufficient? I watched the video, and I don't see why the definition has
to be unfolded in the current buffer.

Alan