RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:42:16 +0100

I was thinking of the split-window as emacs already has it built in. It would be probably
possible to code something with semantic. Or opening in a pop-up window, like new emacs window.
Or maybe doing some connection between two buffers something similar with multiple cursors, probably
some other way as well.

But putting it below the line currently edited in same buffer, without any special borders is probably most user
friendly if one thinks in term of human-computer interaction. It is less eye and attention distracting. Editing in another
window requires one to split attention and to eventually close the window after (which probably could be automated too).
There are also borders, scrollbars etc to consider if opened in another buffer/window.

It is kind-of subtle, but quite relevant difference for the workflow if the content of another file is brought directly in the buffer
as if the content is part of same file.

It might also be just my subjective feeling and perception at the moment :).