Re: Trunk still not open

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 07:20:44 +0100

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> git shortlog --follow -s origin doc
>> [...]
>>     18  Jambunathan K
>> [...]
>>   5151  Juanma Barranquero
>
> You are underestimating my contribution.
>
> ox-html.el and ox-odt.el lists me as an author.
>
> The ODT section of Org manual runs to atleast 10 printed pages.

Do you really want me to tabulate the corresponding line counts as well?

> So I have the right to be part of emacs-devel and participate in this
> thread.

You are currently not as much "participating" as making an ass of
yourself.  When you write stuff like "Don't give excuses.  Write that
documentation." to Juanma, you are not impressing anybody.

> You should appreciate me for having an opinion and stating it publicly
> in a direct language.  As an Emacs user, I have a vested interest in
> making sure that various components come with good documentation and I
> will use whatever is within my powers - stating an opinion - to
> promote good behaviour.

If you want to "promote good behavior", you could start by not acting
like you are in a position to order people around.  Even Richard only
has the power to tell people what _not_ to do, but not what to do.

> If you want more nuanced arguments - something that doesn't limit it's
> critique to kicking in the groin - just ping me.

I think you misunderstand what a public mailing list is for.  Civility
is not an option that has to be requested first.

--
David Kastrup