Re: Obsolete code in savehist

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Obsolete code in savehist
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 23:34:13 +0800

I finally got around to this:

  | revno: 116979
  | revision-id: address@hidden
  | committer: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
  | timestamp: Wed 2014-04-16 14:46:36 +0800
  | message:
  |   * savehist.el (savehist-save): Remove workaround for a read-passwd
  |   bug that was fixed before 24.3.  Thanks to Juanma Barranquero for
  |   noticing that the shim was still present.

Hilariously, my original reply agreeing to do it was based on my
misreading Juanma's original Subject line.  He wrote "savehist" but
somehow I read "saveplace" (which I feel much more responsibility to
maintain), and I only realized my mistake after I got into the code and
nothing looked familiar.  But anyway it was an easy shim removal.

Best,
-K