Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 08:54:56 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 21:28:25 +0200
> Cc: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> Checking for pkg-config (need at least version 0.9.0)...
> ok
> Checking for pkg.m4...
> Can't locate Automake/Getopt.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

I think the message about Getopt.pm is bogus: the Automake package
from ezwinports does include that file.  Please verify that you do
have it.

> The version of aclocal that you are using cannot find the pkg.m4 file that
> pkg-config provides.

I think the problem is with pkg.m4, which comes with the pkg-config
package (see the message above).  My crystal ball says that you do
have that file, but in the wrong place: since your pkg-config is a
MinGW port, you have that file in share/aclocal under the MinGW root,
but not under the MSYS root.

In general, I suggest to make sure your *.m4 files are always
duplicated in both trees, because you can never know which script will
need it and where will they look for them.