Re: Latest EMACS on BZR trunk does not compile with MinGW

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Latest EMACS on BZR trunk does not compile with MinGW
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 17:51:10 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 05:40:46 +0200
>
> Why not test if the preprocessor defines __MINGW32__?

How will you call the compiler?  Its exact name and directory isn't
known until much later in the script.

Perhaps we should only worry about detecting that MSYSTEM isn't set
when it should be.  For that, we can wait until the script figures out
how to invoke the compiler, and _then_ see if the preprocessor defines
__MINGW32__.  If it does, but MSYSTEM is not set, we display an error
message and exit.  I think this should be enough; valid MSYS
installation should read /etc/profile and then they will have MSYSTEM
defined.