Re: admin/unidata updates

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: admin/unidata updates
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:45:52 +0300

> From: address@hidden (K. Handa)
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 23:35:51 +0900
>
> In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > FWIW, I already added a representative character for each script I
> > added based on Unicode 7.0.
>
> Ah, thank you.  But, how did you select them?

By looking at the code charts on the Unicode Consortium site.  In
general, whenever one of the first codepoints of the script looked
something like "letter A", I used that.  Examples:

  10350;OLD PERMIC LETTER AN;Lo;0;L;;;;;N;;;;;
  10530;CAUCASIAN ALBANIAN LETTER ALT;Lo;0;L;;;;;N;;;;;
  11305;GRANTHA LETTER A;Lo;0;L;;;;;N;;;;;

Otherwise, I used the first codepoint that looked similar to most
others.

If there are some special requirements or guidelines for selecting the
representative characters, I'd surely want to know and document them.

Thanks.