Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:02:41 +0200

> Just type "C-u C-h t hebrew RET", and you have your sample.  Most of
> it is R2L lines, with some L2R lines at the end.

OK.

>  . As soon as I click on the scroll-bar thumb, which is correctly
>    drawn flushed all the way to the right when point is an a R2L line,
>    the scroll bar "jumps" to the left edge.  Where's the code which
>    does that?

I see the problem - it must be with auto-hscroll suspension.  This can
be a bit hairy to get right.  The idea is that when you drag the slider
and `point' is about to go off screen, usually auto-hscroll kicks in and
moves the text back to the previous position to make `point' visible
again (note that dragging the slider is not supposed to move `point').
Now the suspend_auto_hscroll flag of a window, when set, is supposed to
prevent that.  For some reason this seems to backfire here.

 . The code below is for the selected window, where point is up to
   date.  But what about non-selected windows, should we use
   window-point there?

There's no other choice I suppose.

martin