I am running GNU Emacs 126.96.36.199 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) built with the following options: ./configure CFLAGS=-DHAVE_ALIGNED_ALLOC --with-gif=no --without-x.
- Using putty from MS Windows to log into a GNU/Linux machine
- Using tmux or the default bash shell in the putty terminal
- Run emacs in terminal mode: emacs -q -nw
- Open a large (large enough to have multiple pages so that you need to scroll a bit to reach the end of file) file
- Scroll down using the page-down (keep it pressed) to reach the file end
- Scroll up using page-up button to reach the file beginning
- I first notice modeline getting garbled followed by a minibuffer that is 2 line high and finally the menubar disappears
- Quit emacs via emacs-kill
- The shell prompt in the terminal is garbled and you do not see the cursor. You need to clear the screen (terminal) to get back the cursor (this is not 100% reproducible but happens often enough)
The same does not happen with GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13).
I am noticing this problem from around a month. Please let me know how I can help in debugging this problem.
with best regards,