Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:46:04 +0200

>> Dragging a line with the horizontal scroll bar.
>
> The changes to support that are still not in the trunk, are they?

No.  Our earlier changes were too rudimentary.

> At
> least the scroll bar is on the wrong side here.

You mean the slider/thumb for hscroll equal zero?  That is the crucial
point.  Moving it to the other side causes all problems I've seen so
far.

> Commit the changes we were discussing, and we could then talk
> meaningfully about whatever problems are left.  Right now, I cannot
> even try reproducing those problems.

I'll do that as soon as you fixed bug#18277.  I see three problems
currently:

(1) When dragging I cannot move the slider entirely to the right and
    make the first column of R2L lines visible until I release the mouse
    button.  I suppose this is due to some off-by-one failure here but
    there might be more to it.

(2) Sometimes during dragging the slider starts moving for-/backward in
    some erratic fashion.  I'm not yet sure whether this is caused by an
    hmargin issue or something else.

(3) Line 121 (written backwards as)

אם הסמן נמצא באמצע מילה, M-f זז לסוף המילה. אם הסמן נמצא בין שתי מלים,

   of the tutorial presents a special problem: When I'm repeatedly doing
   `next-line' on the rightmost column before that line and are about
   to move to that line I enter some strange sort of loop with the
   slider in the center of the scroll bar trying to move back- and
   forward.  C-g gets me out of it but I can't tell so far why I'm stuck
   there.

If (2) or (3) are caused by bug#18277 (or a common underlying problem)
it should be easier to resolve the remaining issues.

martin