Re: SMIE

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: SMIE
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:07:02 -0400

> My point isn’t that people aren’t willing sign the copyright agreement
> in principle,

I was responding to your saying "You’ll also have to stop accepting".
Maybe you meant something else, but that's what you had written.

> but that many people will not be thrilled to deal with a *paper*
> copyright agreement that they have to send via standard mail and wait
> for a couple of weeks to get back a response, just to get a tiny
> fix/change accepted.

Additionally to Tassilo's answer: if it's tiny it doesn't need
such paperwork.

Yes, copyright paperwork annoys a few people.  Some of those are
sufficiently annoyed to refuse doing it, but most of them (like
yourself) will still accept doing it.  Especially if you remind them
that it covers all Emacs contributions rather than just the
current patch.

        Stefan