Re: Make check in trunk

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Make check in trunk
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:00:15 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> As mentioned, you have updates (MSYS2 maintainers are very quick at
>> following upstream releases) and a 64 bit environment (something that
>> MSYS/MinGW doesn't provide.)
>
> Why is it important to have a 64-bit environment in MSYS?  (I'm not
> talking about GCC and Binutils, I'm asking about MSYS itself.)

I guess there is not much about it. Maybe it runs faster than a 32 bits
MSYS on 64 bit OSes, but I have no data. The convenience of having
MinGW-w64 64 bits along with MSYS2 (32 or 64) is a different matter,
because the MSYS2 maintainers certainly will do whatever is in their
power for ensuring a seamless MSYS2/MinGW-w64 experience.