Re: Trunk emacs infelicity with linum mode

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Trunk emacs infelicity with linum mode
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 11:31:57 +0200

> f->official only means that the basic faces were realized; all the
> other faces are not realized yet.  So if you want that flag to be it,
> we will have to make sure all the faces are realized before we set
> that flag.  I believe the faces are realized in
> face-set-after-frame-default.

OK.  I can offer a number of ways to approach this problem:

(1) Do not run `window-configuration-change-hook' while creating a
    frame.

(2) Run `window-configuration-change-hook' from
    `tty-create-frame-with-faces' and `x-create-frame-with-faces' if
    `success' is non-nil in the unwindform.

(3) Like (2) but in addition set f->official t if `success' is non-nil
    in the unwindform.

martin