Re: MS-Windows tester wanted for trunk

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: MS-Windows tester wanted for trunk
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:24:28 +0400

On 09/16/2014 06:31 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

So the conclusion is that, at least for 32-bit Windows builds, the
alignment of union Aligned_Cons is not enough to produce the effect
you want, and additional measures are necessary.

I don't expect this to be a problem in 64-bit Windows builds, because
there Windows does enforce 16-byte alignment of the stack.  But, as I
already said, I didn't test that.

Do we have the same issue with alloca?  If not, whether it will be
simpler to define scoped_cons to local_cons for 32-bit Windows builds?

This could be an issue in other x86 32-bit builds (probably not on
GNU/Linux, though, and not if GCC is the compiler), because AFAIK the
x86 ABI specifies a 4-byte stack alignment.

Hm...I'll try 32-bit builds with clang and icc.  BTW, both of them mimics
GCC quite well, so I will be very surprised with an issues here.

Dmitry