Re: include Ada Reference Manual info files in ada-mode ELPA package?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: include Ada Reference Manual info files in ada-mode ELPA package?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:28:23 -0400

> So including the ARM in the ELPA package on some systems would be
> redundant.
> Perhaps making the ARM a separate ELPA package would be the right
> choice.  It would be an info-only package, so there would be no .el file
> to hold the meta-data header. I guess I'd have to add one just for that.

Given its size and the fact that it's also distributed/installed
separately from Emacs, it's preferable not to include it in the ada-mode
package itself.

Instead the ada-mode package should ideally do its best to make use of
a pre-installed ARM (e.g. support for C-h S), of course.  Maybe we could
provide the ARM as an ELPA package, but I'm not completely sure how
important that would be.  Not sure about the copyright/licensing either
(apparently it counts as Free, so I think it'd be OK to include it (even
though we don't own the copyright), just like we include the Unicode
standard).

        Stefan