Re: Stack-allocated objects again (+benchmark)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Stack-allocated objects again (+benchmark)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:05:17 +0300

> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:43:52 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
>
> Dmitry Antipov wrote:
> > 1) In r117971, I've made an attempt to follow KISS principle and
> > redesign this stuff for simplicity and speed rather than versatility.
>
> Thanks for doing that, and for the benchmark.  I found a couple of problems
> with
> the patch, and thought of some ways to simplify it further and make it more
> portable and a bit faster in many cases, and installed that as trunk bzr
> 117978.

I think it would be beneficial to have some minimal explanations and
instructions wrt when these "scoped" Lisp objects can/should and
cannot/shouldn't be used.  The current commentary doesn't explain
enough about the difference between these "scoped" objects and the
other kind, and I'm not sure we want the future hackers to try to
guess that.

TIA