Re: Bidi reordering engine upgraded

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Bidi reordering engine upgraded
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 07:42:16 +0200

() Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
() Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:51:43 +0300

   when you say "the pixel at 30,y will be rendered", do you
   mean between 30 and 31, or do you mean between 29 and 30?

I don't mean "between" anything.  My mental model of the
mapping of a coordinate component to a screen pixel (in X) is
direct.  It doesn't admit subpixel (fractional) specification.
Left-most pixel is numbered 0, and "at 0" refers to that pixel.

So in my description "at" is actually superfluous.  Thanks for
prompting this realization!  Please (re-)read as "pixel 30,y".

   More importantly, if you remove the "- 1" part, per my
   suggested patch, do you see a change in the cursor
   dimensions when you toggle a window between selected
   (filled block cursor) and non-selected (hollow block
   cursor) status?

I confess i haven't yet run the test case, but just jumped
into the discussion pedantically.

   > I think it hinges on what how "the specified rectangle"
   > is specified.

   This sentence didn't parse.  How the rectangle is specified
   is described on the same page, so you've probably read that
   already.

Likewise, i have not visited that page.  All i know is that
there are different models for describing a rectangle (even
w/in the same system -- e.g., SDL "rectangle" and SDL_gfx
"draw rectangle") and that surfing among them one finds many
OBOEs sounding right and left...  :-D

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502