Re: why do some programming modes have customize hooks and others do not

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: why do some programming modes have customize hooks and others do not?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:39:47 -0400

>>> If I sent patches (once we're on git, how goes that?)
>> Same as for Bzr, yes.
> Not the same as for bzr, no.  I don't have bzr and don't intend to
> install it.

You don't need to have Bzr to send patches, even though we currently
use Bzr.  Same will hold for Git.

You do need Bzr if you want to commit patches yourself, OTOH.

> I'm happy to contribute on git though.

And once we've switched to Git (any day now), you'll need Git to commit
(which shouldn't be a problem for you, apparently).

> I think Artur had a good idea which I'd be happy to implement.
> Then it would be worth switching hook variables to customize.

It's worth a try, yes.

        Stefan