Re: building emacs-dynamic-modules on Windows Msys64 mingw32

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: building emacs-dynamic-modules on Windows Msys64 mingw32
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:09:00 -0500

Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen has the same bug I described in my announcement (on a linux system).
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-10/msg00292.html

I only see the "missing ctags.c" problem there, not the "can't execute
temacs" problem.

I just compiled on Debian; no temacs problems there.

I gather you are not building on Windows?

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I actually find this all very strange: the git repo claims to have
>> started in July 2014, but doesn't say which Emacs branch it was forked
>> off.  And I don't think we had any problems like this in July on any
>> of the 2 active branches.
>>
>> So maybe the person who did that should chime in and explain what he
>> did, instead of us trying to second-guess him.
>
> I downloaded a tarball of the repo at the last commit on the trunk
> branch but I forgot to write down the actual commit id, sorry.
> The only thing I have is the creation time of the files in the zip:
> 2014-07-01.
>
> My working directory builds successfully but it seems cloning the repo
> breaks it. I suspect some files that are needed for the build were not
> added (because of .gitignore maybe) when I created the repo from the
> zip content.
> Given the previous date, my repo was probably base on a commit between
> rev 117456 and rev 117461 included (6 commits).

Ok.

I can play with things on Debian for a while, but I need this to work on
Windows as well (plus my Windows box is a lot faster than my Debian box :).

For Windows, I think the best way forward is to wait for the
bzr/git switch (nov 11), and then you can create a proper branch in the
new repo, apply the patches from your repo, and I can clone from there.

--
-- Stephe