Re: news:gnu.emacs.*

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: news:gnu.emacs.*
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 07:33:14 +0000

 >> FTR, – the Message-Id:s are broken not just for news:gnu.emacs.bug
 >> alone, – news:gnu.emacs.help shows exactly the same issue (see,
 >> e. g., the example I've posted earlier [1]), and presumably the same
 >> applies all across the gnu.emacs.* groups (or perhaps even all the
 >> gnu.* ones.)

 > This is a Mailman FAQ.

 > http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030712

        ACK, thanks for the pointer.

 > Nobody here at emacs-devel can do anything about the GNU newsgroups
 > or mailing lists, so please don't email us about them.

        The page above reads:

 > If your mail program or newsreader implements message threading
 > correctly (see http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html), then it should
 > be able to deal with these differences.  If not, then you should
 > complain to the people responsible for implementing and supporting
 > your mail program or newsreader.

        I’ll be just as happy if Gnus could be made to properly handle
        threading in those same newsgroups.  Could we discuss possible
        fixes here, please?

        (I assume that Gnus is within the emacs-devel@ scope, given that
        Gnus is part of GNU Emacs.  Cross-posting to address@hidden,
        though, so feel free to drop the former on follow-up.)

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A