Re: The bzr revision map

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: The bzr revision map
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:43:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

From: Stefan Monnier

>> E.g. I can't remember the last time I had to look up a revision by revno.
> The bug tracker is full of them (as in "fixed in rXYZZY on the
> trunk").

Of course, I see revno used on a regular basis.  But I've very rarely
had to look them up.  And I basically never use them myself.

My point is that someone who does need to look up what exactly were
the changes referenced on the bug tracker, might find the revision map
useful.  That someone doesn't have to be called Stefan Monnier,
obviously.

Out of curiosity, how we can do a binary search without a progressive revision number?

In the past, just this list suggested me to do a binary search to find when a bug or a regression was introduced...

Thanks,
 Angelo.