Re: "Readability" feature in eww

From: raman
Subject: Re: "Readability" feature in eww
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 08:25:20 -0800

Nice:-) Incidentally I've used tricks like this with Emacspeak to read
Web content efficiently for a long time, so I can vouch for its
efficacy.

Also, see some of what I implemented atop eww described here:

http://emacspeak.blogspot.com/2014/05/emacspeak-eww-updates-for-complete.html
Code is in
emacspeak-eww.el in emacspeak.googlecode.com/svn

I basically implemented the ability  to filter the parsed HTML tree by
elements,  attributes such as id, class and role, and the ability to
navigate via key elements.